With a commitment to service, safety and quality - a commitment to excellence in all we do - Upson is where patients come first and are always treated with Compassion. This word describes our culture and serves an acronym for our Standards of Behavior.
Communication --- AIDET
- Smile and Make Eye Contact
- Listen to Reduce Anxiety
- Use Understandable Language
- Include Patient in Planning Care
- Provide Emotional Support
Opportunity --- Every person! Every time!
- Greet others in halls, elevators, waiting areas.
- Escort customers to their destination.
- Use proper phone greeting --- Name, Department, "How may I help you?"
- Be courteous: Say please, thank you, and address the person by name if known.
- Show respect.
- Use kind gestures.
Manage Up, Not Down
- Use Key Words at Key Times
- Offer Praise and Recognition When Possible
- Provide Service Recovery
- Provide Privacy
- Knock Every Time
- Close Doors
- Protect Confidentiality
- Guard Conversations and Written Records
- Promote Professional Appearance and Behaviors
- Adhere to Dress Code
- Wear Name Badge
- No Gossip
Always A TEAM Effort
- Welcome and Mentor New Team Members
- Support Team Members at All Times
- Commit to Cooperation
- Do Your Best!
- Use Infection Control Practices
- Use Patient Identifiers
- Reduce Errors
- Report Hazards
- Keep Your Work Area Neat and Clean
- Exceed Expectations
- Ensure that Everything You Do Leads to Very Good Care!
- Ensure Patient’s Likelihood to Recommend
It’s About the Patient!
- Every Patient, Every Time!
- Practice the Platinum Rule: Do unto others as they would have you do unto them.
- Cater to Our Customers
Outcomes --- Round for Results!
- Achieve TOP 100 Hospital Status
- Exceed Patient Satisfaction Goal
- Meet Core Measures
- Be Compassionate
- Be Accountable
- Be Ready
- Be Enthusiastic